+ about me +

now:
feeling: The current mood of lexia02@hotmail.com at www.imood.com
loving: my wonderful new iPod
hating: nothing in particular
reading: "The Iliad"
listening: random songs on my iPod :D
watching: Troy
playing: Everquest, FF VII and my new Zelda game (thank you John muackmuacks!!)
wanting: to go shopping
craving: oreos
read more: about me

+ around my blog +

+ current
+ email me
+ blogskins
+ blogger

+ archives +

May 2003
July 2003
August 2003
September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004

+ favourite blogs +

+ Jonquille
+ inflatedego
+ Aloka
+ The Non-Adventures of Japaneezu Seijin
+ alexthegirl
+ Pinkified
+ Darknyte
+ Deep rambling thoughts of a blonde
+ Eiyaku Shimpo

+ links +

+ EverQuest
+ MoS Guild on VS (old)
+ MoS Guild on VS (new)
+ LOTR
+ Istad
+ Escaflowne Online
+ Orisinal
+ Keiji
+ Intuitivmedia
+ Blogskins
+ Be a vampire!
+ chanth.com
+ Games
+ CDJapan

+ fun stuff+



*HUGS* TOTAL! give pam more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)

The WeatherPixie
Get your own smilies
e n t e r

Alexa/Female/21-25. Lives in Singapore, speaks English and Chinese. Eye color is brown. I am a dreamer. I am also skeptical. My interests are music and lots more.



My Garden Collection ^_^





If you are a member of the pixel train and you want to join the ride please send an email including your ticked number, wagon and site address. Click the first wagon if you want to learn more about the pixel train.
 want to join the ride?



 

Comments by: YACCS

Friday, September 05, 2003 + Cheap bar fridges? +

I watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" again (yes for the 2nd time) with John last night and it was so funny, even the 2nd time round. If you're looking for an exciting, swashbuckling adventure movie, POTC is it. Go watch!

Johnny Depp was really good in his role as Jack Sparrow - he certainly injected his own sense of humour and idiosyncracies into the role. It was a laugh and a joy to watch his antics and off-hand corny remarks. :D

Orlando Bloom - everyone's favourite pretty-boy elf from LOTR - was sweet and sensitive in his role. But I think the nature of his role prevented him from making more out of the character, unlike Legolas. I really love what Peter Jackson and Bloom did with Legolas - the humanity of a character seemingly untouched by human worries and even by the passage of time is breath-taking. I love the LOTR movies. :D

Isn't it bad of me to be doing something so frivolous (i.e. ranting about cute actors on my blog) during office hours? :P Shhh....

It's the last day of Term 3 already - my first term in TJ has passed in a flash. Time here passes so much faster than it did during my Practicum. My 10 weeks spent during Practicum was almost agony, time seemed to crawl by like an injured tortoise. I'm so glad that I'm happy in TJ, attitude and perception really makes all the difference.

I'm currently doing my own research on Brahms and his 2nd Piano Concerto - this concerto is the new setwork/prescribed work for the 2004 GCE 'A' Levels. Soooo... I have to teach it to the current batch of year 1s. I'm thankful for having studied Brahms for my 'A' Levels - what I learnt then definately helps me with my research now. And the 2nd Piano Concerto is great - especially the 2nd movement. Just beautiful. The challenge is how to put it across to my students such that they will appreciate it too... I think that is the real challenge in teaching. It is not what's in the package, but how you package it. Sometimes I fear that I'm not a born salesperson (if there's even such a thing) and I'm not very successful at teaching. I just pray hard that my sincerity and care for the students is enough to get me by. :P Maybe I'm worrying too much for nothing. I guess we all have to start somewhere, even if the starting point is miles off.

But so far life in TJ is good. I like the "don't care how you do it as long as it gets done well" culture. I'm definately more motivated to go and "get it done well" in such an environment, compared to the "breathe down your neck and nit-pick at everything" attitude I faced during my practicum. I have a wonderful HOD now, she's such a gem and I'm so thankful for that. My immediate senior is "Ms C" (for the sake of anonymity - did I spell that right??) and she's more like a partner in crime than my subject head (well there are only 2 of us anyways hehe). We get along just fine and so life is good. :)

Speaking of good life, anyone has any 'lobang' for cheap bar fridges??


glittermissy @ 12:16 PM + + Permalink